NRP 75 "Big Data" looks at the information technology issues and societal implications deriving from the capacity for analysing large amounts of data.
The Steering Committee is responsible for running the programme - from selecting projects to producing a synthesis of the programme.
The programme manager and the president of the Steering Committee are responsible for the operational management. The head of knowledge transfer circulates information and results between the researchers and the stakeholders. The representative of the federal office works with the Steering Committee and communicate results to the administration.
The Programmes division of the National Research Council is ultimately responsible for the NRP. The delegate of the Research Council acts as a link between the Research Council and the Steering Committee.
Steering Committee of NRP 75:
- Professor Christian S. Jensen, Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, Denmark (President)
- Professor Sihem Amer-Yahia, Laboratoire LIG, Domaine universitaire de Saint-Martin-d’Hères, Grenoble
- Professor Sabrina de Capitani di Vimercati, Computer Science Department, Università degli Studi di Milano; Italy
- Professor Friedrich Eisenbrand, Chair of Discrete Optimization EPF Lausanne (as of 1.1.2021)
- Professor Jörg Huelsken, Debiopharm Chair in Signal Transduction in Oncogenesis, EPF Lausanne
- Professor Erkki Oja, Computer Science and Engineering, Aalto University, Finland
- Professor Reinhard Riedl, Business Section, University of Applied Sciences, Berne
- Professor Caroline Sporleder, Institute of Computer Science and Göttingen Center for Digital Humanities, Uni Göttingen, Germany
- Professor Rolf H. Weber, Chair for International Business Law, Faculty of Law, University of Zurich
Delegate of the Division Programme of the National Research Council:
- Professor Friedrich Eisenbrand, Chair of Discrete Optimization EPF Lausanne (until 31.12.2020)
- Professor Bert Müller, Biomaterials Science Center, University of Basel (as of 1.1.2021)
Representative of the Swiss Federal Administration:
- Dr. Uwe Heck, Federal Chancellery, Digital Transformation and ICT Steering Division
- Boris Buzek, Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
Head of Knowledge Transfer:
- Beatrice Huber, Schweizerische Akademie der Technischen Wissenschaften (SATW)